Sidenote: I don't need you to call me a whore or homewrecker, I get enough of those comments from people who don't know the whole story already. Thanks!
Let me start my story. My name is Amélie. I am in my mid-twenty's & figured by now I'd have my life in order. I figured I'd own a house, have a family & my dream job.
So imagine my surprise when I realized in August of 2013 that I was no where close. Sure I was in a 2 year + relationship. But I was working a job I didn't really like & felt I was going no where.
I had just started day shift at my job a few months earlier & almost lost my nephew to a failed heart surgery. Cue the day I met Sébastien and everything I thought was set in stone suddenly wasn't.
It all started when he asked why I didn't look thrilled to be at work. I told him my nephew was having heart surgery. He wanted to know more about my nephew so I told him. After that day he'd say hi, or good morning or just smile at me. I thought he was nuts. He asked how my nephew was doing a few times. Which was more then my boyfriend at the time would ask.
I was told to watch out for Sébastien, that he was unhappy in his marriage & looking for a younger quieter replacement. I just laughed. I figured I would never appeal to him, nor was I looking for that. Oh how funny life is.
In September we added each other on Facebook. And we talked, and we talked. I found myself looking forward to his replies. I knew about his unhappy marriage, heck everyone at work did. I told myself not to fall for him. And I thought I was doing so well.
I asked God for guidance. I needed to know what to do. And my dreams that night kept showing him and me saving him. One day I thought I lost his friendship forever. And I flipped. I couldn't imagine not talking to him.
At this time we had never seen each other outside of work, and at work we wear extra clothes & hard hats. People look different trust me.
His birthday had passed & I got him a birthday present. So I told him I wanted to give it to him & collect a hug he promised. So one night he told me to drive near where he lives & pick him up. So I did.
We spent over an hour that night sitting on some random street talking. He told me things about himself that usually would make me run. But for some reason me sitting there, it felt right. I gave him his gift & he said he loved me. He was just as surprised as me with those words coming out of his mouth. He said no one had ever paid that much attention to get him something he'd actually like.
We kissed that night and even with a surprise tongue... it felt right. Almost perfect, and it has ever since...
No comments:
Post a Comment